StackZone is a secure, cost-efficient, and self-service cloud management platform for multi-account environments; a managed multi-cloud landing zone solution where cloud environments can be designed, deployed, configured, and operated in a fully automated manner.
We are part of an innovative start-up based in London, UK, founded in 2020. During 2 years we've been crafting and moulding this new approach of best practices as a service and we want to be leaders in that area.
As a Growth Marketing Manager you will develop a consistent brand identity for StackZone and establish its online presence. This job involves overseeing marketing strategies to engage customers and ensure that they have a positive view of StackZone and our products and features. You will use information, such as metrics and statistics about the target customers' demographics and preferences to create multimedia content that raises brand awareness.
You'll ensure all necessary content is included on our website and StackZone platform is laid out in a way that suits our users. You'll also keep everything up to date and accurate. The content you'll manage can include web pages, images, videos, blog posts, guest articles, reviews, and occasionally social media and marketing copy.
You'll sometimes produce, copy and edit the site yourself, but on some occasions you'll normally act as a coordinator, commissioner, and project manager, overseeing the work of other writers and editors. You'll produce content schedules and audits, which writers and editors use to keep copy up to date and to create new content at appropriate times.
At StackZone, you’ll get the opportunity to contribute to the full project delivery lifecycle and, through our technical training partnerships, you’ll have to change to broaden and deepen your technical skills in Cloud and DevOps emerging trends.
You will be expected to roll-up your sleeves, rise up to the challenge, emanate creativity, and perform at your very best, within a fun, professional and fast-paced atmosphere!
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Growth Marketing Manager?
- Create and implement content in different channels (Website, bog, SSMM, etc) to ensure a constant and growing flow of leads to the sales team.
- Manage our company website, blog and platform console content, working with developers and editors to ensure it's meeting the needs of our organization.
- Conduct content audits to identify gaps and redundancies in the site content.
- Create and implement content schedules for people to produce or update content.
- Produce maps and visualizations of the site to help staff understand the structure and function of the website
- Write and edit web copy.
- You'll coordinate the work of different web contributors, who might have different priorities or ideas. This can be challenging but also a good opportunity to understand the needs of the whole organization.
- Source, commission and sometimes edit images and videos.
- Develop policies relating to our organization's web content, such as a house style.
- Analyze analytics data to learn how users interact with your site.
- Survey users and hold focus groups to learn about how they view our site.
- Train staff in writing and producing content for the web.
- Stay knowledgeable about our site's subject area.
What skills and experience does the Growth Marketing Manager require?
- Highly organized, with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Experienced with one or more CMS and Social media platforms
- Strategic, and able to oversee large projects and coordinate the work of others
- An excellent writer and editor, with good spelling and grammar and the ability to adapt to house styles, advanced English is a must.
- Able to research, collate and summarise information from different sources
- Logical and analytical, with an ability to spot patterns, gaps and repetitions in web content
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly with a variety of stakeholders
- Knowledgeable about the website's users and industry
- Willing to stay up to date with developments in your subject area and in developments in the digital world.
- Excellent organizational skills allowing to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Clear English written and spoken communication skills.
- A highly collaborative team-member with a passion for doing the right thing - not just meeting deadlines!
- Passionate, innovative and driven to help our clients embrace Cloud technologies
This role guide has been developed as a guide to the responsibilities for this role. It is not an exhaustive or restrictive list, and you will be expected to take on other, reasonable, responsibilities from time to time and according to the needs of the business.
Why work with us?:
- Inclusive Team Culture
Here at StackZone, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have employees from multiple countries and we are proud to say that our gender ratio is 50:50.
- Work/Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfilment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.